Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

15/245 HELP

returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2007/11/29, 10:26 AM

============
Quoting from Lisha_Pooh:

im 15 and i weigh 245 and i am not really comfortable in my body and i want to lose weight but i want it to have visible result how can i do this?:(
=============
Hi Lisha
As the others stated above, it's really important to not let yourself give up if you don't see results right away. Just keep plugging along and eventually you should see things turn around. I'm a personal trainer, and I had a client that just didn't seem to loose weight for like 6-7 weeks. She just started to shed weight over the last three weeks(this was with a clean diet, cardio, and resistance training). Some people are just late bloomers! And like Vedakathryn said; Whats important is that you ARE doing.
Lisha_Pooh
Lisha_Pooh
United States
2007/11/25, 03:07 AM
im 15 and i weigh 245 and i am not really comfortable in my body and i want to lose weight but i want it to have visible result how can i do this?:(
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/11/25, 09:59 AM
Welcome Lisha...

Do a read-through on the diet section and sign up for a free fitness plan from the site.

One thing to remember is it takes time to see some results. Don't expect weight to fall off right away or overnight. It didn't go on right away, so it coming off will take time.

Welcome to FT.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/26, 12:11 PM
Welcome to FT, Lisha_Pooh! I want to share something with you...for a while, I was losing weight, but it was only "showing" in my clothes getting a bit looser...I found I got a bit discouraged as I couldn't really tell it, in my face, etc., and no one else seemed to notice my hard work --but then I realized that it wasn't important that I saw the results quickly, but that I was DOING something about my life and I stopped worrying about seeing my results and started doing more to step things up a bit and it wasn't long after really working toward losing weight and changing my lifestyle that I DID see and notice a difference -in my face, in my body --it took some time, but it was WORTH it in every way! So try to focus on WHAT you are doing, not WHAT you are seeing right now! And, it really doesn't take long to notice things like seeing muscle where you didn't before and it will motivate you all the more!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill