Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Training for Tough Mudder Marathon on December 2nd

ToughMudderMan
ToughMudderMan
United States
2012/07/27, 11:54 PM
I have 4 months to get ready for the marathon! I start my journey on August 1st! I havent exercised in years and im pumped to get startes again! Any pointers on nutrition or work outs would be great. Also anyone that has done a Tough Mudder please comment!
eepierce75
eepierce75
United States
2012/09/05, 12:02 AM
ToughMudderMan
I have 4 months to get ready for the marathon! I start my journey on August 1st! I havent exercised in years and im pumped to get startes again! Any pointers on nutrition or work outs would be great. Also anyone that has done a Tough Mudder please comment!

---
    Most training programs for marathons are generally geared for 6 months, so you really have your work cut out for you. Hill training is very important. When I ran the couple half-marathons I did I incorporated this. You want to find a good hill to run and sprint to the top as fast as you can then jog back down it. Do this 5-10 times while out on a Mon, Wed or Fri run as your Sat runs will be for longer runs. Also try to run interval miles... run a mile as hard as you can then run a couple of paced miles followed by another hard mile. This will help with your endurance and help you push past "the wall" all runners hit during these events.
eepierce75
eepierce75
United States
2012/09/05, 12:02 AM
Most training programs for marathons are generally geared for 6 months, so you really have your work cut out for you. Hill training is very important. When I ran the couple half-marathons I did I incorporated this. You want to find a good hill to run and sprint to the top as fast as you can then jog back down it. Do this 5-10 times while out on a Mon, Wed or Fri run as your Sat runs will be for longer runs. Also try to run interval miles... run a mile as hard as you can then run a couple of paced miles followed by another hard mile. This will help with your endurance and help you push past "the wall" all runners hit during these events.