Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

foods to eat through out a busy day??

jasminetamika
jasminetamika
Australia
2012/04/29, 12:50 AM
hey everyone ,
i never seem to have the time to fit in the correct amount of food intake everyday as i have a busy life style. so i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some ideas on what to eat everyday which will help me loose weight fast???

nehabansal
nehabansal
India
2012/07/02, 02:55 AM
Hi Jasmine,

Plese check it .

Effective Weight Loss checklist

A balanced Diet: The basic rule of a balanced diet is to eat a variety of natural and seasonal food. Watch out for packaged

foods even if they say "its healthy" or fat free. Carbohydrates is the other thing that gets kicked out of the diet. Did you

know carbohydrates are the main source of energy for both your mind and body. In the absence of which both stop working, you

get irritable and lethargic. Make sure your body gets its daily dose of complex carbohydrates through fruits, vegetables and

grains.

Never Skip your breakfast: Did you know studies have confirmed that eating breakfast helps you eat less food later in the

day, besides fulfilling significant portion of your daily nutritional requirement. Start your day with eggs or protein in

some vegetarian form with adequate amount of dairy or milk products. Breakfast is also a good time to get your dose of

natural sugar with fresh seasonal fruits. This healthy breakfast will give you the instant burst of energy to keep you going

till lunch without being tempted to binge in-between.

Aim to lose weight slowly: there are no shortcuts to losing weight. Fad diets and crash diets only results in temporary

weight loss, which comes back on as soon as you get off the plan.

Exercise: Diet alone cannot help you with effective weight loss. For best results add an exercise routine that comprises of a

combination of exercises to help you burn the extra calories and tone your body as you go along. If you dont particularly

enjoy exercising you can start with walking or joining group workout classes. These group classes sometimes take out the

stress of working out while helping you network with like-minded people.

Experience matters: Consult a weight loss expert or program that has experience with designing diet chart that fits your

lifestyle. A good diet plan should work around your food preferences and eating habits for sustainable & effective weight

loss. A lot of people blindly follow the diet plan given to them by the dietician. To know whether you are consulting the

right expert, question them about the basics of your plan. Make sure they are not focused only on your calorie intake and

reducing your food portions but are working towards giving you the right nutrition to keep you fuller and healthy.

Stress: A hectic work & social life might be making you fat!The daily stress of keeping up with work and personal commitments

can play havoc with your health. But way to manage stress is eat healthy and start an exercise routine. A healthy diet will

keep you energised and alert to manage your schedule better while exercise will help you detox and distress. Exercise

releases “happy hormones” in the system making it the most natural stress buster.