Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Skinny Fat! Do I bulk now, or wait?!

ccaintcc
ccaintcc
United States
2009/10/15, 06:54 AM
i have what i think is a skinny-fat body type, i am tall skinny howeverflabby though. I was once fat (230 pounds) and lost a whole lot of weight.i know that i should weight train to help this..but how much and how often, please be specific.

5'9, 170 pounds. with clothes i look skinny. I have skinny arms, skinny legs.. and weight lifting is nothing new to me, i'm intermediate at it. thank you so much!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/10/15, 01:31 PM
You may very well be ready for a bulking cycle. You'll need to really increase your calories and keep them as clean as possible. You'll probably want to keep your reps heavy and in the 6-8 range as well. Compound exercises will be a major focus, with isolation movements pulling a distant second. Cardio will probably be best kept to a minimum because it burns valuable calories that could be going to muscle building.
With all that said, keep in mind that eating a surplus of calories will most likely result in a little fat gain, but it'll come off fairly quickly once you get back on to a moderated diet with cardio.
ccaintcc
ccaintcc
United States
2009/10/20, 06:11 AM
Thanks!