Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Cardio?

moochy
moochy
Australia
2009/10/07, 01:57 AM
Hi All,
I'm just new to ft and Ive been given an exercise regime whereby I am doing all the exercises like push ups and sit ups etc. but I put in that I want to lose fat and tone up. So Im wondering why I havent been advised to do any cardio work? Is that just my own initiative or will it come with the program in time?
Also, my exercises are killing me, Ive only done 1 session and I havent been able to walk for 2 days now, so having a day off them! Bad start? What do I do?

--------------
Robyn
from OZ
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/10/07, 11:07 AM
Just hang in there, the soreness will become much more manageable in time. As far as cardio goes, try to get in 2-3 30-45 minute sessions per week. This doesn't have to be straight out running; just something that gets your heart rate up. Also make sure to get your diet dialed in as well.
alex_morley
alex_morley
United Kingdom
2009/10/08, 08:12 AM
If you're not used to running a lot it would be sensible to mix this up a bit as plex says. Adding some cycling or rowing will help relieve impact stress on joints which aren't used to it while still providing good cardio work.