Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

I'm 200 pds, and wanna drop.

CJStratton
CJStratton
United States
2009/08/07, 10:42 AM
Basically as the title says I'm 200 pounds. Based on almost every chart Ive looked at that is about 72 pouds over weight. I dont want to lost that much, I mean Id feel weird being 120something again. I dont look this much, just about 150 or 160. I really want to lose my weight so I can feel better about myself again. Is there any way? Dieting doesnt work, Ive tried not eating, eating healthy, and eating regulated portions. I either stay the same or gain wieght.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/08/08, 11:47 AM
Proper dieting DOES work. Here's a novel idea that you should try: Count your calories. for weight loss, try eating around 1900-2000 calories a day, in conjunction with strength training and cardio routines. Get a strength training program from this site that fits your schedule, and do cardio on a couple of the days between strength training.
Ask any experienced member on this site and they'll tell you that a clean, reduced calories diet does work for weight loss. It will be accelerated by any physical activity you do on top of that.
The diet and nutrition forums on this site are terrific, and full of healthy ideas.
bigjockhill
bigjockhill
United Kingdom
2009/08/08, 07:34 PM
Listen to returnofplex, he realy knows what he is talking about, it is even starting to work for a lazy pig like me. there is loads of excellent advice on all the boards, good luck on your goals.