Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

IM 5'4 AND 390LBS

princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/07/28, 11:56 PM
HOW DO I LOSE IT I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A YEAR AND NOTHING IS WORKING.

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/29, 11:21 AM
Diet? You're success or failure is directly tied to what you eat. I'd say get an exercise routine from this site and take a peek in the diet and nutrition forums. Once you're doing it right, it works trust me! I've working with my cousin who started at 500+ pounds. It's been almost four months and he's in the low 400's now.
princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/07/29, 02:30 PM
WOW THAT IS S GOOD THE ONLY THING IS U ARE SUPPORTING HIM AND I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY SUPPORT I HAVE TO USE HOME EXERCISE SO I RUN OR WALK UP 2 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS ABOUT 10 TIMES A DAY I LIVE WITH MY GIRL FRIEND BUT SHE JUST KEEPS BUYING DONUTS AND FAT FOODS ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS I DON'T EAT ENOUGH I ONLY EAT ABOUT ONCE A DAY BECAUSE SOME TIMES I'M JUST SO BUSY THAT I DON'T EAT WHAT SHOULD I DO.

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/07/30, 09:48 AM
There is no magic. Like return ofplex said it's diet.
You can have excellent continued support right here.
You can start eating, and stop making excuses. Eat healthier foods and snacks. When your girlfriend sees what you are doing she will jump on too!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
alex_morley
alex_morley
United Kingdom
2009/07/30, 10:57 AM
As the guys have alluded to already, it's all about diet balanced with exercise.
It's not just about how much you eat, it's about what you're getting from your food. I'm sure you don't need us to tell you that what you get primarily from things like Donuts are sugar and fat, not the greatest things to keep you going long-term!
If you balance your diet healthily, eat sensible amounts at sensible times and gradually increase your exercise level (why only exercise at home? why not go for a run round the block?) then you WILL see changes.

As Carivan said, it's about being honest about it and taking control. No-one will do these things for you but it's not THAT hard to say "no" to a donut, whoever has bought it.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/30, 11:13 AM
I saw a fitness buzzword that I really liked(for a change). They say that you have to have good will power to keep up on your diet, which is true. But there is something better than that. It's called "won't-power". Try exercising some won't-power on those hollow, benefitless, donuts! All they want to do is make and keep you fat! Also eating once a day isn't going to cut it. You're gonna need to start getting at least the big three in.
princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/07/31, 12:34 AM
I DONT EAT THE DONUTS I JUST FEEL LIKE SHE IS NOT TRYING TO SUPPORT ME BY BRINGING THEM IN THE HOUSE FOR EXAMPLE I HAD NOTHING FOR BREAKFAST TODAY BECAUSE SHE WENT TO GET DONUTS AGAIN FOR THE KIDS AND HER I DONT REALLY LIKE DONUTS SO I ASKED HER TO GET ME SOMETHIN HEALTHY AND SHE SAID SHE DIDNT FEEL LIKE GOING TO GET ME ANYTHING BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE FOOD IN OUT HOUSE SO WE KIND OF GO DAY BY DAY SO AFTER WE GO OUT DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO I TELL HER WE BABY IM HUNGRY AND SHE ORDERS PIZZA WITHOUT ME KNOWING SO I HAVENT ATE ALL DAY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY SHE WONT LET ME WORK BECAUSE EVERY TIME I GET A JOB I GET STRESSED AND END UP BACK IN THE HOSPITAL I HAVE A BLOOD DISORDER I FORGOT WHAT ITS CALLED BUT I HAVE HAD 5 BLOOD CLOTS IN MY LUNG AND TRYING TO GET RID OF THE 6TH ONE NOW SO ITS REALLY HARD IM AFRAID IM GOING TO DIE TOO SOON BECAUSE IM SO STRESSED I GET DEPRESSED AND NOT EAT AND THEN I JUST GET SICK I HAVE BEEN THE SAME WEIGHT FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS IT HASNT GONE UP AND IT WONT GO DOWN IM COMPLETELY LOST AND STUCK SO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/31, 12:39 PM
Are you on any kind of disability? Do you qualify for any kind of assistance? You need to get good,real food somehow. You have to take control of your situation and put yourself in an environment that allows you to succeed. Not eating only makes your situation worse. Your body is in starvation mode, and is hoarding the calories from anything you are eating right now. Only by righting your diet will you ever begin to lose weight.
You're just going to have to find a way to take control of yourself, no matter how extreme it is. Nobody can save you but you.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/07/31, 04:24 PM
Here in Canada we have provincial agencies that can help people in your siituation. I am sure that in your state they have some sort of social aid where you can get assistance.
Take control and don't be ashamed to ask for help.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/08/01, 12:55 AM
i have no kind disability i have filled out papers for ssi and im just waiting on a reply but i totally understand the thing about me doing it on my own and that is what im doing im leaving my girl friend and im going to move in with a good friend until i can get on my own place im looking for a job and i have applied of food stamps the biggest problem now is my doctors they are afraid that if i get a job im going to get stressed then get sick that's and the worst thing for me to do is get stressed it can actually kill me i have a blood clot in my lung that they are afraid will move to my heart if i get too stressed i am also on a real high dose of blood thinners so its all really hard for me im so young and just so sick but i'm tired of being like this i want some one to love me for me and not keep asking me to how i got this way thank u guys so much for supporting me and giving me good advice it really makes me feel like some one cares and im not trying to make some big sob story its really not im just a women then is asking for some support i have been alone all my life and it means a lot to me that people i don't even know actually have a heart and care

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/08/01, 06:23 PM
I like seeing people succeed. With the right advice and a lot of willpower you will as well.
usaginoyami
usaginoyami
United States
2009/08/01, 07:11 PM
I weighed 367 lbs at my heaviest. I work 70 hours a week on average at a convenience store and have only about 30 bucks a week to spend on food and i eat really healthy and have lost a hundred pounds.
Get a part time job, just about 20 hours a week and buy yourself some healthy food. If I can make time, work a 17 hour shift and still run and do my weights, I know you can succeed too. I'm also anemic, and have a bleeding problem that causes chronic fatigue. I know if I can do it, you can too. I have no one, only cats. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that when I meet my goal weight, I will have done what my family and my friends said I couldn't.
I have one friend who is there for me, but always tells me I'll never be a marine, or never skate, I'm too wimpy. It's negative, but it gets me psyched to prove I can do it. I know you can do it, girl! Just don't think about tomorrow, get through today and suddenly one day will turn into a year. :cool:
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/08/01, 08:21 PM
Hats off to you! Very encouraging words, and welcome to freetrainers.

--------------

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/08/01, 09:39 PM
well i have been put on bed rest for the next month for the current blood clot i have in my lung now so im not making excuses i really can do much anything i do can easily kill me so its easier said then done

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
khaat
khaat
United States
2009/09/07, 11:14 AM
i'm brand new to this site today. i joined b/c i weigh almost 300, and i'm 51. i have a boatload of health problems--some weight-related, and some not. But I went out of state on vacation this year, and my weight handicapped not only me, but everyone with me by having to do compromise their fun b/c of my limitations. i refuse to hamper my family one more day by the poor choices in my past. i am SOOO with you w/ the struggles you're having. perhaps we can support each other. i've been a "professional dieter", but now i really want to be a "life changer". :) khaat