Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Army Wife and lack of motivation!

Philligrl26
Philligrl26
United States
2009/06/30, 10:19 PM
I know what you are going to say, but I will ask anyway...how do I stay motivated? I am 39 years old, just finished law school (looking for internship), I have two young girls, and oh yeah, my husband is always deployed (Active Army 28 years). Well, I have a treadmill, pilates machine w/ rebounder, and weights. I have access to a gym on post here, but I stay with it for a few weeks and then get sick and lose my will power. I need to lose this weight, I have too because I am exhausted. I need to lose 40+ pounds. I hate to eat because if I do, I am instantly tired. I do not have time to make 5-6 meals a day let alone 3. I want this! I really do, but I would rather cut my arm off then to eat. If something is not appealing to me, I would rather starve. Yes, then the headache ensues. I hate eggs, yet I will eat any kind of vegetable. I love fruit, and do my best to stay away from any kind of bread. I only drink water w/ lemon, but I know my weightloss is not happening because I don't work out. I never sit down all day, but it's not enough exercise. I need something to kick me in the behind. What do I do? I need a hardcore jumpstart.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/01, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately you are making weight loss very difficult for yourself.
You aren't losing weight because you're probably not getting enough calories.
You have to eat PERIOD. You need to be eating at least the big three. Sumo wrestlers gain weight by eating only twice a day, because the metabolism is in a state of arrest and will hoard calories if you don't keep it up during the day.
Maybe you are doing too much when you start a program? You could get decent results with as little as two strength training days and two cardio days a week.
You will need to take a hard look at your diet and make sure that your calorie types aren't out of whack. And also that you're not eating too many calories for your size(google metabolic rate calculator for that). Try to make your meals protein centric. A good balance for weight loss is would be 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat.
There are some food that you may have to learn to love. Mine were broccoli and cottage cheese. And there are also tons of ways to make things you don't like actually taste good, you just have to search for recipes.