Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Weight Training/Weight Loss Question

jww23
jww23
United States
2009/04/28, 11:00 PM
I have been working out for a month trying to lose weight. I have only lost 2 or 3 pounds. I lift weights 3 times and week and do cardio 3 times a week. I have always been told that weight training is an important part of losing weight because it builds fat burning muscle. I was wondering if the minimal weight loss could come from the fact that i am also gaining muscle?, because i can notice alot of muscle changes. thank you

--------------
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Bruce Lee

2009/04/29, 12:00 AM
You definitely have answered your own question. The best gage of your progress is how your pants fit.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/04/29, 10:19 PM
When you gain muscle, you increase calorie burn.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
2009/04/29, 10:39 PM
Instead of the scale dig out the tape measure. You may find your results are there.