Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

How to get the best use of your time

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/04/27, 10:40 AM
I have been working out for 15 years now. I have learned a few things over those years. One thing I see all the time, are people coming into the gym and either doing the exact same workout day after day with little to no change, or those that come in and have no idea what to do or how to do it and make no effort to change.
There are of course many different ways to workout. If you are like almost all of us you are busy. So I feel the best way to get the greatest return on your time is to make a plan before hand. I have a core set of exercises that I like to use, squat, Deadlift and bench ( and variations of those three). I know on each day i go in I will work one of those three and other muscles that help those lifts. That way if say the flat benches are all taken I can shift the focus to tri or shoulders. I KNOW all the exercises that I need to pick from to work them. From freeweights to machines and anything else inbetween.

The advantage of this is that I am not stumbling around wasting my time. I have a job that is 12 hours a day or longer, I have 3 sons, 6, 4, 10 months. I also have 8 dogs, 3 cats and a house and yard to care for. For me Time is everything. If I am not ready to hit it hard and fast, yet with effectiveness in the gym i am losing my battle. SO I have a plan in mind each time I go in. I see folks all the time doing things that they are either: not ready for, bears little use to their goals, or just standing looking lost.......Do not let this happen to you.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/04/27, 01:16 PM
Nicely put.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove