Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Desperate to Tighten My Pecs!

Gstr1ng
Gstr1ng
United Kingdom
2009/04/20, 03:56 PM
Hi. I am 36 and have trained on and off all my adult life. The problem I have is I used to lift heavy weights and was very bulky. In the past 8 months I have been boxing and doing alot of cardio along with lighter weights.

I have lost alot of bulk (and almost 2st) but my pecs have accumulated fat much like love handles at the side. What can anyone recommend to really tighten them up? They have reduced considerably and tightened at the front but the sides are really getting me down :(.

Any answers will be very very welcome!!
diakadisf
diakadisf
United States
2009/04/20, 07:38 PM
For guys, the two main areas that we accumulate fat is in our pecs and lower abdomen. As we get older, our bodyfat naturally increases. You cannot spot reduce fat in any one area - What does your diet look like? That is the first question you should ask yourself, as proper diet is 85-90% of bodyfat reduction. Also, with the boxing and doing alot of cardio, you could be burning muscle, and overloading your system, which will actually hold onto the fat. For my clients at DIAKADI in SF, I suggest making sure their nutrition is up to par - make sure you are eating the right amounts and types of food, limit sugars/alcohol, and instead of doing a lot of cardio - look into lifting weights again - they don't have to be heavy - but doing more muscle building work instead of using cardio equipment will be better off for your body, especially if you are doing alot of boxing - that should be enough cardio for your week. There are many online programs that will help you with your caloric intake and needs.

--------------
Mike Clausen, DIAKADI BODY SF