Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Diet Help Needed

Beeman82
Beeman82
United States
2009/03/30, 11:19 PM
Hey everyone.. A quick update on me/history --I'm 26 I've been a hard gainer up until a year or two ago.. And in the last two years i've trained for a month or two stretches a couple of times.

Normally I get frustrated because I have no idea what I am doing as far as my diet goes. I'm terrible at planning meals, but great at following a plan. (I never have problems following a workout regimen but I have no diet plan to follow)

I've gone by the nutritional plan a couple of times on this site and was hoping that someone might be able to help me come up with a sample menu for a day or a week.. any help would honestly be appreciated.

I inputted that I am 26, I weigh 171 lbs, and I'm 5'11" tall. I don't mind gaining extra weight in the form of fat as I've never had a problem with my weight and I doubt that I would have issues taking this extra weight off.
The nutritional planner here on freetrainers states i need the following:
Protein - 257 g
Carbohydrates - 599 g
Fats - 119 g
Total Calories -4275

How am I supposed to realistically accomplish this and it not all be garbage? As far as eating preferences go. I love chicken, and can eat it every day 5 times a day if needed. I also have Optimum Nutrition's whey protein powder-- 1 scoop = 24g of protein.

I will literally eat anything that is simple to prepare the day before (as I wont be at home for probably 2 or 3 of my meals)

ANY help is appreciated... Thank you!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/03/31, 12:36 PM
There's tons of ways to increase your calorie intake! Milk with every meal is a great way for starters, and it's not too expensive. Instead of just the whey protein powder, try a good weight gainer shake(I really like Cytogainer almost 600 calories per serving) once a day to up the calories if you are having a hard time eating all of those clean calories.
Check the diet forums for more on the subject.