Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Chest Pain After Running

ashleyylou
ashleyylou
United States
2009/03/27, 06:40 PM
I always experience squeezing, and sometimes burning chest pain after running or doing intense exercise (like pushing a car in neutral). However, I am not a runner. Is this my asthma or is this just me being out of shape? Doctors have said my asthma is mild since I have never had an attack, so I don't think it's my asthma. However, I thought being out of shape or having low stamina/endurance just resulted in being out of breath and tired. Why is there this awful pain?

--------------
No matter how fast you are, someone is faster. No matter how hard you train, someone trains harder. BE SOMEONE.
2009/03/27, 06:44 PM
It could be any or all the things you mention. It could be acid reflux. This is more of a doctor question. If a doc clears you for exercise, you have to build up slowly. It can be done but ck with the doc first.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie