Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

At the end of 8 wk program...what next??

Jaypm
Jaypm
United States
2009/03/12, 09:12 PM
I am on the 7th week of my 8 week program. I was wanting to know where I should go from here? I am on the advanced weight loss and definetion. I work out m/w/f and try to do an extra cardio on the weekend. I have lost about 10lbs in 7 weeks and I have put on muscle too. I don't know the bf% or anything like that. Any advice would be mostly appreciated. Want to get things figured out before my 8 weeks is up.
2009/03/12, 09:19 PM
Usually the best thing to do is rest for a few days and then start another program. If your goals are the same, do the same workout. If your goals are different change the routine accordingly. I've done all the fT routines multiple times. Changing routines is good.You want to keep your muscles guessing as to what you're gonna do to them next.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
Jaypm
Jaypm
United States
2009/03/12, 10:31 PM
I am still wanting to lose fat and get toned. I don't mind doing the 8 week program again, I just don't want to be to redundent in doing the same things over and over again. Like you said it is good to mix things up. I wonder if I repeat the 8 week program again if the program can tell and give me different work outs? Or do I just have to do that on my own? Maybe I will just do the 12 week for the change of pace. I'm doing 3-4 days of cardio anyway so I will still be burning fat, along with some muscle, just like before.
2009/03/12, 10:49 PM
One of the features you've paid for by upgrading to pro is the ability to swap exercises and customize your workout.Click on "exercise program, then scroll down and look on the left side at the bottom. Click on "customize and manage your workout". You can swap any or all of the movements in your workout to mix it up.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
Jaypm
Jaypm
United States
2009/03/13, 08:16 AM
thanks charlie for your help. I would appreciate everyone telling me what they have done after the 8 week program, and how it has helped, or maybe how you would have done it differently if you could have gone back and changed it. Thanks.
2009/03/14, 12:34 AM
Message received I wont make anymore suggestions except to say take a look in the journal logs. If you want to see a true workout evolution read Tim Day's log for a while. You wont find much more variety. Look at KA's to see what power lifters do. Look at Asimmmer's to see what a competitive body builder does. Look at Mutt's to see what Rottweilers do. Look at mine to see what geezers do. If you like Mutt's log scratch his belly and give him a rawhide treat.

--------------

Charlie
2009/03/14, 12:42 AM
Don't let him pee on your leg.

--------------

Charlie
2009/03/14, 12:44 AM
This is fun...I haven't swatted mutt with a rolled up newspaper in years.

--------------

Charlie
2009/03/14, 12:45 AM
Holy crap, it's like my head has popped off and it's rolling down the stairs.

--------------

Charlie
2009/03/14, 12:45 AM
I crack myself up. Heel boy...wooof:big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
Jaypm
Jaypm
United States
2009/03/14, 02:24 AM
having fun charlie???...haha!!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/03/14, 09:56 AM
haha!
2009/03/14, 11:36 AM
Sometimes I just get get those Mutt inspirations like a bolt of lightening up the ass. I just can't help it. However the suggestion to read those journals is a valid one. There is gold in some of them. Now me and Mutt are off to watch Bullwinkle. He's gassy today and the moose settles him down.

--------------

Charlie