Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

beginning workingout/ when to take shake

lopler
lopler
Canada
2009/02/26, 07:14 PM
hey everyone i just started working out about beggining of febuary everyday after school and have been wondering exactly how long after a workout should i drink a whey protien shake so far i have been drinking it right after my workout i have seen things about waiting to drink it after workout and am wondering which is better to wait abit or drink it exactly after workout i use a bowflex ultimate 2 machine if that makes a diffrent at all.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/02/28, 08:28 AM
I drink mine right after.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2009/02/28, 10:30 AM
Makes really little difference that has been proven. A protein shake post workout has become 'conventional wisdom'. However, keep in mind for years and years folks built some pretty impressive physiques before whey was ever utuilized by simply eating good food post workout. There still is no credible evidence that I have ever seen that shows any real long term gains from doing the immediately after workout protocol.

As I have said time and time again, yes, research shows 'supercompensation' of glucose, but this has to be 'earned' to recieve it. What is meant by that is this reasearch was done on hard working atheletes, endurance runners, bikers, etc.

I would venture to guess that with the normal workout you are doing on a bowflex, this will not be the case with you where you would see massive results of any type.

In fact, if you are trying to lose weight, it may indeed just be unecessary calorie intake.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer