Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

cutting

THB
THB
Canada
2009/02/20, 07:06 PM

I was bulking for a while but i want to cut off some of the fat i put on doing this before i keep bulking.
I cut my calories A LOT and added some cardio to my routine. So far all this has done is prevented me from gaining more muscle. I havent lost any fat at all.
Anyone have any imput about this? Recomendations or advice would be great.
Thanks
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/02/23, 11:09 AM
Did you cut too many calories? If it was a really drastic cut, your body might have gone into starvation mode. Your over-all calorie needs are based off of your body weight, and creating a reasonable caloric deficit every day is what causes weight loss.
THB
THB
Canada
2009/02/23, 05:15 PM
Maybe I did cut too much.. i was eating a ridiculous amount of food then suddenly dropped to a more normal amount. Very clean too.
Is a more gradual cut more effective usually?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/02/25, 10:46 AM
It's good your diet is clean, that'll help a lot. A tapering down period has certainly helped me to lose the weight after a serious bulking cycle. I think by gradually cutting the calories down, it's much less of a shock to the system.

============
Quoting from thb:

Maybe I did cut too much.. i was eating a ridiculous amount of food then suddenly dropped to a more normal amount. Very clean too.
Is a more gradual cut more effective usually?
=============