Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Fishing for Recommendations

partickler
partickler
Malaysia
2009/01/25, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I'm just going to get straight to the point.

I am a girl, living in Malaysia, 17 years old, 155+cm tall, weighs 70kg and wants to do something about it.

I've tried jogging once, according to a schedule from a website about jogging. It was a 3 day high intensity, 3 day lower intensity and 1 day rest sort of thing. The amount of jogging gradually increases in twelve weeks.

I did it for about 4-5 weeks and then stopped (due to exams). My weight did not drop. It just wavered between 69 - 70kg the whole time. I controlled my diet though I did not make an extra effort to count calories or to eat only vegetables. I would say that I didn't eat more than I thought I should. I had several people telling me that I look thinner though.

My weight did not change either when my exams arrived and I ate without giving a hoot about controlling. It remained between 69-70kg.

So my first question would be:

Was it muscle gain that prevented the weight from significantly dropping until a few weeks later? If not so, how would it be explained? Was it because I was following a fitness schedule instead of a weight loss schedule?

I also possess a book which leads me to the website loseitforlife.com. The diet they recommend is "All-In-Three's". Meaning I would take three servings of Dairy, Vegetables and Fruit. It would fill me up and allow less space for other less healthy options (they also did provide more minute details). They recommended interval training as well.

I'd like to ask as a second question:

Would anyone here agree with their methods? Does anyone have a program that they would like to recommend =)? I'm currently having my holidays now so I am rather free.

My goal is to lose 14 kg in two months (an uninformed goal, unsure whether it is possible). I want to reach a weight that will give me a healthy BMI by the end of March which will be 56kg. I am currently losing weight by shots of 10% (at least hoping to).

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my lengthy post! =D