Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Help!- those embracing beer clean diet

senor
senor
United States
2008/12/27, 04:36 PM
OK, check it out. I love beer. Its a pleasure of mine to try all types; like a hobby. I exercise and eat healthfully, but I like to drink beer, and I know no alcohol is best, with some liquors and wines being the lesser of the evils, but they aren't the same.
The only drawback of beer is the carbs, of course. So, I heard of a product called Beer Neutralizer (http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=5302)
that is supposedly able to block the carbs in beer.

Now, I know most carb blockers block starches, which beer is not. Thus, I wanted someone who is more versed in diet and supplements to check this out and see if the claims are legit.
senor
senor
United States
2008/12/27, 06:18 PM
I meant those embracing beer and a healthy diet. I know beer/clean diet is oxymoronical. My apologies. But the question still stands.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/12/29, 09:43 AM
carbs = 4 calories/gram
alcohol = 7 calories/gram

You should be looking for something to block the absorbtion of alcohol, not carbs. Good luck.

I think you already know the solution to your problem. A beer every now and then, OK; in fact in some cases it can actually benefit your health. A beer every hour or two, not OK. Cut back on your consumption and you'll be fine.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."