Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

I hate being fay, I need help.

tinkerbellsmile
tinkerbellsmile
United States
2008/10/12, 03:41 PM
Hi I need help to know how to loose wight fast and heathy, but don't know how. What is some of the things I can do to make mw skinier faster?::big_smile:
Button5605
Button5605
United States
2008/10/12, 04:39 PM
Try cutting out diet soda and anything with aspertame ("sugar free". That includes Splenda. There are cases that say it leads to weight GAIN instead of weight loss. Stick to natural foods. You're better eating 'healthy' fat rather and diet stuff. Just an idea of one of the things you can do to help. You will also be less bloated.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/10/15, 12:48 PM

============
Quoting from Button5605:

Try cutting out diet soda and anything with aspertame ("sugar free". That includes Splenda. There are cases that say it leads to weight GAIN instead of weight loss. Stick to natural foods. You're better eating 'healthy' fat rather and diet stuff. Just an idea of one of the things you can do to help. You will also be less bloated.
=============

Diet soda actually can't make you gain weight. The studies suggest that if you drink diet cola, you'll eat more food thinking you've "saved all those calories". If something has 0 calories, you cant gain any fat from it. You are right about sticking to whole foods though. The more natural it is, the better it is for you.
There isn't an easy road to permanent healthy weight loss. Trust me, I've been really overweight, and speak from experience. No pills or powders; just hard work and a smart diet plan.
Diet is the #1 pass or fail. It has consist of a healthy balance of food, at the proper amounts. You don't have to eat like a rabbit, just make better choices. I STRONGLY recommend making small changes at first, such as reduced fat or light mayo and salad dressings, using a butter substitute on veggies or snacks, changing over to skim milk, etc. From there, start changing the way you eat. Start subbing in a salad with low calorie dressing instead of chips or a high calorie side dish. Or a small baked potato with butter substitute, low fat sour cream, and salt. Just those two items can save you a ton of calories versus typical sides. Read labels and be aware of portion sizes.
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm Use this calculator to determine about how many calories a day you actually need to take in. To lose weight, you'll want to cut about 500 calories a day through BOTH(half and half) diet and exercise.
You'll need to find a way to exercise as well. Preferably with a good strength training program, with cardio in between lifting days.