Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Still at the same spot..

angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/09/04, 12:33 PM
I have been faithfully working out 4 - 6 days a week for almost 6 months. I am eating cleaner and cleaner every week. (still lot's of room for improvement) I am taking a multi vitamin, fish oil supplements and magnesium. I do 2 20 minute HIIT training sessions per week, 2 Karate Classes per week, and 2 to 4 days of light lifting.

My energy has improved, I have built some great muscle, butI still cannot lose inches off of my waist.

I have and always have had a very high metabolism, it doesn't seem to matter how many calories I eat - I am not gaining weight, I am just not losing inches. I am very active and usually eat between 1800 and 2000 calories per day. I have had my blood sugar, thyroid, and hormone levels checked by my doctor - it's all fine.

I am 5'2, 120 pounds, and have a 32 inch waist...but am toned and muscluar every where else. I put this weight on during my third pregnancy, and just can't shake it. My youngest is now 2 years and 3 months. I lost the weight right away with my previous pregnancies without doing a thing...

I have tried eatng fewer calories but was very faint the first day I tried that. (so that idea is out....lol) I have tried shocking my system with some higher calorie days 2 or 3 times a week, that didn't do it...

I have changed up my workout routine every 4 to 6 weeks - is it still just a matter of time?

Can anyone see anything obviously wrong with what I am doing?

I wouold love to hear any suggestions out there.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/04, 01:04 PM
hey angie - how high are your carbs? Try dropping carbs and increasing protein/good fats to keep your calories up ...and if you are uninjured..lift heavier babe ;)
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/09/04, 01:54 PM
My back is in better shape now (thanks in part to the advice I got from asimmer and BB1) - I did go out and buy more plates (they are still pretty light weight though...lol) to increase my weight - and will start that next week.

The last 3 days my average numbers are: Calories 1840, 103g of protein, 223g of carbs, and 63g of fat.

I usually eat 3 meals and 2 snacks with a minimum of 6 glasses of water per day.

I have never been this big or ever had a hard time losing baby weight....I guess I should count myself lucky this a relatively new problem...not a lifelong struggle.

Thanks for your help asimmer!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/04, 07:24 PM
i would drop your carbs and increase your protein, your fat looks pretty good. that WSSC food plan is a good layout.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/09/04, 08:36 PM
Will do - thanks again!