Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

weight loss plateaus

blondemafia
blondemafia
United States
2008/09/02, 03:52 PM
Help!
I've been in a weight loss plateau for the last two months I know mussel weighs more than fat and I definately see I'm firming up all over but I would like to lose one pound a week. I have a wedding in late November and I'm starting to panic that I will not fit in my bridesmaid dress.
My typical workouts are 45 minutes of weight training and 45 cardio 3 days a week and 1 hour of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio 2 days a week.
Biking 10-15 miles Saturday or Sunday sometimes both.
I usually consume 1200-1500 calories a day. I eat lots of fruit,vegetables,whole grains,chicken and fish.
I do allow myself some baked chips or chocolate occasionally but I never over indulge.
So what do I need to do differently to lose a pound a week?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/02, 03:56 PM
Maybe your ratios of protein/fat/carbs nees to be switched up = take a look at the WSSC diet thread - I will pull it up and bump it, rearranging your food a little might give you the bump.

it also looks like you are expending a lot of clories...so you may find you have plateaud because you have gone into too much of a deficit.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/02, 03:59 PM
the thread is WSSC food plan and is in the general weight training section. Let me know if you have more questions and i will try to help :)

There is also a thread in one of the forums about how to bust a plateau, try a fit buddy search on the subject.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Kay1947
Kay1947
Turkey
2008/09/03, 10:03 PM
Also google and read a little about carbohydrate sensitivity. Its not understood by many, and very rarely discussed but I have found after tests that that is my problem. The weights now falling off once I realised that the normal food pyramid with cereals in is not good for me personally and my carbs need to be fibrous not dense (ie no potatoes, carrots and pumpkin).