Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Old and out of shape

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/20, 10:47 AM
hi Angalina -

Lots of great info here to get you started - do some reading in all of the forums and start one of the free exerciseplans. Start cutting out refined carbohydrates (processed foods) eating lean protein and vegetables and fruits, drink plenty of fresh water and start walking whenever you can fit it in, if you stick with small changes they ad up and you should start feeling better in a few weeks and seeing weight loss in a few months.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Angalina
Angalina
United States
2008/08/20, 10:38 AM
I am 51 years old and I feel like a rolly polly.I have gone back to college to better my my life, I want to be slim and trim when I go up to get my degree. Most of my classmates are my childrens age. I have a 30 year old and a 27 year old. I want to look as good as I feel. I don;t want to hang my head because of my weight. I am a good christian and a mother of 4. My youngest is 12. I feel uncomfortable to meet his friends because of my weight.I also have a 16 year old. I am 5'6 and weight 180 pounds. I refuse to buy new pants until I loose the weight so I wear a lot of loose fitting dresses. I hate the way I look. Please help.