Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Anyone lose weight with Home Training ?

jwille1
jwille1
United States
2008/08/06, 02:11 PM
Hey there. Clicked "Weight Loss & Definition" after already specifying that I only had access to free weights on the previous screen. But...when I clicked on the plan that was developed for me, the exercises included large dumbells in a gym setting. Now, because I had specified I had only access to free weights (small, not dumbells) I expected to see...free weights! :) What's going on?

I ended up having to go back and choose "Home Exercise Training" -- the plan that did not specify that it was meant for weight loss! Arrrgh. I would have thought that, because I had just specified that I was only able to use free weights on the page before the "Weight Loss & Definition Training" was listed, that I would in fact be able to use it with free weights only. If it's not able to be used in that manner, I would have appreciated knowing that before I got my hopes up. :( Oh well.

I am wondering if people in this forum have had experience losing weight with the "Home Exercise Training" program.

My current fitness experience:
I've lost 17 pounds, and need to lose at least 20 more. And, I've hit a plateau for 3 months now. Since then, I've been changing up my routine every 2 weeks. For instance, during these changes I've used a stationery bike for 30 minutes 4 times a week, or have walked up and down stairs 5 days a week, or have done Tae Bo-like exercises 4 times a week. The only thing I have never changed is strength training with free weights and without 3 times a week...so I'm out of ideas. Also, I have done an Atkins-like diet during this plateau and 3 months before it, although have not been strict about it. About to try the glycemic index/South Beach Diet.

Thoughts? :) Thanks, everyone.