Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Anyone lose weight with Home Training ?

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/08/27, 02:24 PM
Dumbbells are free weights. Barbells are free weights as well.

Lots of people have lost with the home exercise program, but the most important thing with any weight loss program is what you're eating.

You've lost 17 pounds and that's awesome but in order to lose that additional 20 that you want you need to stick to your diet and be strict about it.
bigsteve60
bigsteve60
United States
2008/08/27, 01:22 PM
you need to switch up the excersises and stuff like you shock your muscles
jwille1
jwille1
United States
2008/08/06, 02:07 PM
Hey there. Clicked "Weight Loss & Definition" after already specifying that I only had access to free weights on the previous screen. But...when I clicked on the plan that was developed for me, the exercises included large dumbells in a gym setting. Now, because I had specified I had only access to free weights (small, not dumbells) I expected to see...free weights! :) What's going on?

I ended up having to go back and choose "Home Exercise Training" -- the plan that did not specify that it was meant for weight loss! Arrrgh. I would have thought that, because I had just specified that I was only able to use free weights on the page before the "Weight Loss & Definition Training" was listed, that I would in fact be able to use it with free weights only. If it's not able to be used in that manner, I would have appreciated knowing that before I got my hopes up. :( Oh well.

I am wondering if people in this forum have had experience losing weight with the "Home Exercise Training" program.

My current fitness experience:
I've lost 17 pounds, and need to lose at least 20 more. And, I've hit a plateau for 3 months now. Since then, I've been changing up my routine every 2 weeks. For instance, during these changes I've used a stationery bike for 30 minutes 4 times a week, or have walked up and down stairs 5 days a week, or have done Tae Bo-like exercises 4 times a week. The only thing I have never changed is strength training with free weights and without 3 times a week...so I'm out of ideas. Also, I have done an Atkins-like diet during this plateau and 3 months before it, although have not been strict about it. About to try the glycemic index/South Beach Diet.

Thoughts? :) Thanks, everyone.