Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Home workout

anjolyn
anjolyn
United States
2008/07/24, 12:00 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions. I don't make much money and can't afford to get a gym membership but I really want to get back in shape. this is the second time I've started the "home" routine. (never finished before). I used to do martial arts and loved it, when I stopped going to classes over two years ago I gained 50 lbs. if anyone has any suggestions for working out at home please let me know. (I don't own any weights right now but am saving up to get some)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/07/24, 12:03 PM
Choose the one on this site... or google "bodyweight exercises." The list is virutally endless. Get creative.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/07/24, 02:02 PM
If you don't have any weights right now - use canned goods from your cupboard to start with.
2008/07/24, 03:34 PM
I use the non weight workouts exclusively. I find it leaves me more flexible and able to do real work like klandscaping, engine repair and other things I need to do in day to day life. Don't forget aerobics and plenty of stretching. You can hold a dumbell between your feet for leg lifts, use a 25 lb plate in a knapsack for chins and dips and push ups. You can ghold the plate on your chest for crunches. A ten pound dumbell is about $5 and a 25 lb plate is about $12. I started doing this type workout when me and my wife started living aboard our boat. Weight sets weren't possible. It works very nicely.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/07/25, 08:34 PM
You can get sets of "twist and lock" or "quick lock" dumbbells for pretty cheap now. Basically it's a set of 25 or 50 pound dumbbells that you can adjust the weight very quickly on. Usually they have a dial or pin or some such that cuts way down on change over time. My suggestion is to buy an adjustable bench, and a good set of dumbbells. Body weight routines are great for general strength or flexibility, and should never be discounted, but dumbbells are extremely versatile as well. It all depends on what your over-all goals are. Also check the routines on this site to help you make the decision that works best for you.