Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Hello...

2008/06/23, 12:27 AM
Hi. I'm new to the site. So lets get the basics done...I'm Britty. I'm 18, 5'6", and around 200 lbs. In 2005 I started exercising and eating better, and lost weight then. I got to 130 lbs and was incredibly happy. I FINALLY was getting to where I wanted to be. To make a long story short, I ended up gaining the weight back during my last year and a half of high school. With 40+ hours of school a week and then 20+ hours of my job, I was exhausted and didnt do much.
I failed myself once, and am miserable because it.
However, I want to give myself a new shot. I know I don't need to be fat forever. I did it once and I can do it again. My only problem is that I need support, and I dont have it from many people.
I may be around 200 lbs, but I have a lot of muscle in my legs and abdomen, and really only look to be about 170-180. I've actually needed to get on the scale for my doctor because she didnt believe me. My boyfriend loves me the way I am, my mother was always harping on me about how I was getting too skinny and overdoing it with exercise, and I never got a lot of support from anyone, aside from my grandma who pretty much comes out and calls me fat now, which helps SO much for my self esteem.:laugh:

So thats why I'm here. I'm looking for the support of people who've felt like I do, and have been through what I have. I know I'm never going to be a size zero. Honestly, the thinnest I could ever probably be is a size 4, but I'm happy to be a 6. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and think "wow!" again. I have very realistic goals but I need the support of people to help me reach them.

So any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

Have a great night everyone.