Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

overeating...

rachel93w
rachel93w
United States
2008/06/18, 11:58 PM
how do you stop over eating.
its a real problem for me, because when i get home all i want to do is open up the fridge! once i start, I CAN NOT STOP! its so hard!!
any advice?

--------------
with love, Rachelynee
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/19, 09:33 AM
Fill the refridgerator with good stuff, vegetables, fruits, etc. Less junk to eat then you'll eat less junk.
2008/06/19, 11:08 AM
You need to learn some self control.
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2008/06/19, 05:20 PM
don't go home starving. have a fruit or protein bar on your way home. maybe you just do it out of habit.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/06/20, 08:54 AM
Rachel - you have to break your habit by changing your routine when you get home. Go straight to the bathroom and brush your teeth, or take a shower, or go for a walk. This is , of course, assuming that you are getting enough calories and nutrients throughout your day - otherwise if you are starving yourself or not eating a balanced diet, your mind/body could be driving you towards that fridge for a reason...
northdweller
northdweller
United States
2008/07/06, 01:43 PM
I have the same problem - when I don't control myself. It's easy to just eat - whether I'm hungry or not. Sometimes I'll eat when I'm already full.

I made a little form to put on my refrigerator that I have to look at before opening it up to eat. This forces me to make a conscience decision as to whether I need to eat or not. I have a picture (not flattering) of myself on this piece of paper, along with questions for myself... "Are you really hungry? Or just bored? If bored, go for a walk!" "Is this the best food choice you can make? If not, make a better choice."

I also have an area on this to log what I eat, when I eat it, and why I ate it. It seems to be a good way to make myself accountable for my choices. I've done this for a week and have noticed a big difference - I'm eating less frequently, feeling better, and making good decisions. Good luck with your weight loss efforts!

Remember...nothing tastes as good as it feels to be healthy. :)