Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Workingout with cramps.

Taurie
Taurie
United States
2008/06/17, 04:59 AM
Mine use to be that bad, then I went on the pill... now I have hardly any cramps.
If that's not an option maybe go to your doctor and ask for prescription strength Ibuprofen. Maybe you can make your worst day of cramps your day off from the gym.

They say regular exercise overall lessens cramps, but that never was the case for me... and over the counter meds didn't help at all... though, a friend of mine swears by prescription strength Ibuprofen. But, I found taking a low dosage pill was the best because it regulates hormones, since cramps are usually caused by having too much estrogen or not enough progesterone. Either way its worth seeing the doctor about it.
taniac22
taniac22
United States
2008/06/15, 06:39 PM

Is there any way to lessen the amount of pain that comes with your period through a workout? You know by working the lower abs. I don't know about you ladies but when i have cramps they more or less leave me not wanting to move all day. I dread laying down for fear i have to get back up. I sit and it makes it worst when I do get up. It feels like my flesh is being torn apart and walking is the hardest. I feel the way the hunchback of notredame looks lol I swear my butt sticks out and my back hunches over. My sister says I look like I just rode a horse for the first time. Honestly I feel like I got kicked by a horse on my lower back.

Last time it happened, I just came out of the blue. Thinking a hot bath might help, I took one :( then it took me 30mins to crawl out of the tub. I couldn't sit and I couldn't lay back because of the pain. I held myself up with one arm on my side and tried pulling myself out with the other. I dread getting cramps and meds don't help. does anyone know of a good workout that might help?

--------------
--Tania C.
taniac22
taniac22
United States
2008/06/19, 11:19 PM
Thanks but I've already tried the ibuprofen :( it helped a bit but not too much. Just enough to were I could manage standing and half @ss walking by myself. Being on the pill doesn't help either. I've tried everything from over the counter meds, natural remedies, to prescription drugs. I do notice that if I wokout it helps relax my pain, just can't over do it. But I appreciate you answering my post :)

--------------
--Tania C.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/06/20, 09:01 AM
Sounds awful - I am uesing since you say you have tried prescription drugs that you have already talked with your doctor about it.

I do know that regular exercise and a clean diet help balance hormones and can lessen PMS symptoms and regulate periods for some people, but I don't know of any specific exercises to lessen cramps. I do think there are some yoga poses that are supposed to help....

http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yoga-and-health/yoga-for-dysmenorrhea-and-pms.asp

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach