Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

The D Diet

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/05/26, 09:40 PM
Been out for a bit again with job, promotion and such...I have been doing well with my weight loss, have gone down nearly 10 single number sizes in pants and now I am on the "D"ivorce diet. Finally at a point in 13 years of looking healthy and good and my husband got on his motorcycle and left without a note, word or a call ---and yet nothing seemed wrong, we had been getting along fine, so it was a bummer...I went grocery shopping, though, for the first time since he left and found it an enlightening experience as I filled the cart with all healthy foods my son and I enjoy, usually he goes with and as I add the healthy, he adds the cookies, ice cream, etc. Also wasn't able to eat for 3 days, appetite was defeated along with my thoughts of a future with the man, but I have hopes of conquering the last of my pounds...I looked at some video of me before he left from a few years after we were first married and I looked dreadful, so unhealthy, fat and pitiful -but he leaves about once a year, sometimes three times without warning and it finally has hit me that I just ate my way through it all, the stress, the sadness, the way it made me feel...so now I am off to a new start, a new beginning to a healthy new life...still doing yoga, weight training, boxing and whatever I can to keep active!! So, when the going gets rough, just tough it up, right?!!!:love:

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/05/27, 06:40 AM
What an $%^&! Keep up with your goals, they are all about you! Stay strong!
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/05/27, 01:07 PM
Wow.. the "D" diet sucks! Been there done that..You DO have the most valuable thing from your marriage (your son). So live life and have fun with him. What do you mean he leaves 1-3 times a year without warning? You deserve better than that. They are out there!

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/27, 01:18 PM
Chin up , Veda :) You are better off without him. There are plenty out there and as you get fitter and healthier you will hopefully meet one with the same interests. Meanwhile, indulge your single self - get rid of the things that you have kept around simply because they were his taste - cleanse the house with sage and redecorate to your own taste :) Now you have even more time to dedicate to yourself and your child.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Pytbull
Pytbull
Canada
2008/05/28, 06:12 AM
sorry to hear that.i have been thru that 2x ,one divorce and one long term relationship break up.i am just recovering grom the last one and that ended 2 years ago almost but i made it thru. you will make it as well you have lots of friends on this board that will inspire and offer any support you will need
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/05/28, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the support, all, means a lot, this past six months has been a lot of loss, but being healthier has helped...well, other than thinking that my husband was thrilled with the new me (he always said so anyway)...

Hey, asimmer, what is with the sage? Curious, never heard of that??? Does it remove man scent or something? LOL! Biggest problem right now is that we had the same taste, so nothing really I want to change other than trying to figure out what to do with everything he left behind, which was literally EVERYTHING other than what he could fit on his motorcycle, his family's side photos, clothes, left his car here, but found out he pawned the title...so storage somewhere else? Burn them...???

Well, just gotta keep making healthy choices, hate that I am 15 years older, not a spring chicken to be having to start all over, ya know...

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/29, 08:56 AM
LOL - A big bonfire, veda, a big bonfire :angry:

Sage has been used for a long time by many cultures to cleanse the house of bad feelings and spirits, etc. You just get a bundle of dried sage and light it and walk through each room, waving it into the corners.

here is one link about it:

http://www.meyna.com/use.html

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/07/10, 11:42 PM
Thank you, Amy, I am going to do that. Since I posted last, he came back, drove from WI to TN in pouring rain for 2 days...then turned around and stole my debit card and left while I was at work a couple weeks later again, says he loves me, but "doesn't know what's wrong with me"! Go figure. Left me $11 and everything he owns for me to stare at. Called after a week and said he wants a divorce....hmmmmm...now what shall I do? :angry: Anyway, I wanted to share that I finally got up the guts to get on the scale this week after quite a while not doing it until I was confident I would show some continual progress....

YOU READY FOR THE NUMBERS??????????????

I have lost 48 POUNDS since joining freetrainers!!!!! Can you believe it? I have not weighed this for over 15 years!!!!!! I look at my body now --though critical still, I can look and say, "not bad", still work left, but not bad!! All I can say to my husband is too bad you didn't stick around because you would have seen me shine, because I am going to shine!

YES, YES, YES, it took me forever, but that is okay as it will STAY off, no chance me going back to that life again! I only have 20-30 pounds to go, we'll see when I get there where I need to be, but it is so much easier seeing I am 2/3 of the way to my goal, forever or not, it is nearly here!

Thank you all of you for your help, I'm not just saying that, I come and go as life has dealt me some pretty rough punches this past year, but I am so grateful I have found this site and your encouragement, especially yours, Amy, and Mutt! :)

--------------
Veda

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/14, 04:51 PM
veda - That is great news (the weight loss) and I think he is a douchebag and you are better off without his extra baggae - get the divorce and shine , baby! :love:You will find someone who truly appreciates you someday!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/07/15, 12:13 AM
...I cannot believe someone did not block this message, WHAT are you even doing on here? You just come to bring someone misery because you have a miserable life, one of those sick searchers that go seeking out people to slam because you are such a low-life, sad, pitiful non-oxygenated un-human? I didn't bear his kids moonface, and I don't eat #$%& so try again!

--------------
Veda

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/07/15, 12:17 AM
Has any moderator even READ his profile, along with this post? If you browse his profile and pull it up, looks to me like we have one sick, sick puppy on our hands...this is not for the criminally insane, this is for people trying to better their lives not wreck someone else's....

--------------
Veda

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/17, 09:27 PM
taken care of, veda, but now it looks like you are telling me of, lol:big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/25, 10:08 AM
How are you doing, veda?
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/08/24, 09:02 PM
No, not at all, sorry, frustration directed at the guy, bad timing, too, or I probably could have taken it better! Was a bit surprised his comments stayed that long, usually they are wiped off fairly quick, but oh well, just don't think it is good anyone sees such cruelty here...thanks for taking care of him/it.

--------------
Veda

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/09/01, 02:22 PM
I am doing okay, Amy! I woke up one morning and it was as if I had some cleansing in my sleep, because everything was refreshed and since life just has never been better! I am enjoying making every day productive and have so much time for ME now it is unreal! I have lost a total of 58 pounds now and am going for another 25, but the muscle I have gained shows much more even so in the inches lost than the weight, so I am feeling physically better than I have in 14 years, I go hiking, do my yoga, weight lifting and boxing starts up in two weeks again. I really, really missed being able to be me and didn't realize how terribly unhappy I was trying to "be" happy, it is so funny how the pounds just drop off when you shed a spouse, lol!! I am never going back to the old me, every day I make more and more positive changes and I won't let any man ever take me down that road again of forgetting who I am to make them happy!! He has called and I told him I don't want to talk to him or be any part of his life anymore! One of the perks of all this is that I get asked out a lot, guys look at me and that is really nice after being invisible behind my fat for so long, my girlfriends even say they want to go on "my" diet --but the best thing is just being able to do whatever I want without strain, being able to swim, jog, hike, whatever anyone wants to do, I am game because I can finally MOVE without struggle!!!!! Thank you for all your support and great inspiration, I have to say, it all started here, and I still come here for my recipes and great helpful tips from you knowledgeable, experienced people!! :love::love::dumbbell:

--------------
Veda

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/01, 03:55 PM
Awesome! Glsad to hear you have surfaced and are doing well!!!!:big_smile:

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield