Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

A couple of questions

poozer
poozer
United States
2008/05/14, 07:07 AM

I am over 6 foot 6 and about 375, I recently joined a gym and have been bustin hump to lose some weight. I'm a 26 yo dude, who hasnt worked out since football in highschool. I work graveyards, and get off at 0700 in the morning and go straight from work to the gym and work out every morning, then home and get something to eat then to bed by about 930 or 1000. so I am usaully getting an hour and a half of workout in. but I have a couple questions. First, I want to know if I can do anything else to maximize my workouts, basically if I'm doing it right to lose weight. first I jump on the stationary bike and run that hard for about 15 minutes, walk around, get a drink, then I hit the weights and machines. I'd really like to get my arms toned up and lose some belly fat. I end up doing some sit ups and whatever those things are called when you lay on your back on the floor with your legs straight out and bring them up then back down without them hitting the floor. in between each set / machine I usaully walk around a little and get a drink. those arent all the workouts i do. it just gives you an idea. I am use to just lifting weights, cuz thats what i did when i was in highschool playing sports. so, is there anything else I should be doing to lose fat and tone up? how long should it take till I start seeing / feeling some results? how often should I weigh myself? any suppliments I should be on? how many times a week should I be working out? how long each time should I be working out? I have already changed my eating habits. literally changed them from daily Mcdonalds cheeseburgers to fresh fruits and vegitables. so I'm trying really hard,. I usaully only eat 2 meals a day. one when I get home frmo work / gym and one before I go to work at night. I know thats probably not the best for me, but its kinda hard to eat in the middle of the night when the only thing open is Mcdonalds.. so thats where I'm at. thanks for the help guys!

Pooz
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/14, 08:12 AM
You can eat in the middle of the night by pre-packing your meals and bringing a cooler - that makes it easy and will get your metabolism goping so you burn fat a lot faster. Aim for a small protein and complex carb meal every 3 hours. Also bring a gallon jug of water to be sure you are staying hydrated.

Try a workout routine from freetrainers (top of the page 'exercise program' ) they have worked for a lot of people and you won't be guessing what to do at the gym.

Most of your questions are asked frequently here, check fit buddy for posts that are about the same topics.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach