Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Discouraging

FloridianDublin
FloridianDublin
Ireland
2008/04/24, 07:42 AM
I've been dieting and exercising for the past 2 months and tried on a pair of pants that were tight 3 months ago and now they won't even button. I am so discouraged because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and my strength training 4 times a week as well. I never eat horribly except pizza and beer on Sundays but I make sure to have a big salad first to fill up. Ugh help!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/04/24, 07:54 AM
Are your total daily calories over or under your requirements? You have to start by figuring out your Basal Metabolic rate, add in your activities during the day (how many calories they use) and then create a slight deficit through diet.

Also - many people think they eat healthy, but are misinformed - what does a typical day look like for you, meal-wise?

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

FloridianDublin
FloridianDublin
Ireland
2008/04/25, 11:28 AM
Meal wise I have a high fiber cereal and an orange in the morning, 3 or 4 cups of tea with no milk or sugar throughout the day. Lunch is usually a chicken sandwich and an apple or two, yogurt for a snack or cheese and crackers and then dinner is either fish or chicken with a dark green veggie, side salad, and a few bites of rice or risotto.

How do I figure out my basal metabolic rate? I live in Dublin so I walk ALOT everyday because I don't have a car here and my room is on the second floor of the house so I'm up and down stairs as well.
JGlass18
JGlass18
United States
2008/07/25, 12:14 PM
I would recommend something a little more intense for maybe 2 weeks just to get you started. Then after you loose a few lbs, you can see what was working and stick with it. Try no carbs, like Atkins or South Beach diets. I've heard good things!
2008/07/25, 12:30 PM
Why would you recommend something more intense to start? And you are suggesting things on what you have heard. Not very sound advice.

============
Quoting from JGlass18:

I would recommend something a little more intense for maybe 2 weeks just to get you started. Then after you loose a few lbs, you can see what was working and stick with it. Try no carbs, like Atkins or South Beach diets. I've heard good things!
=============
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/25, 06:40 PM
And this post is months old....