Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Last 10

ashlamb
ashlamb
Canada
2008/04/16, 01:59 PM
I am 5'7 and weigh 130lbs( down from 167!!)and would like assistance to lose the last 10 lbs and really see my abs. You can now see my centerline and oblique lines, but how can I continue to shed and start to see my abs more?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/04/16, 02:18 PM
Nice job losing all the weight!

5'7" and 130lbs sounds decent. If you drop 10 more pounds you might be borderline too skinny. Instead of looking at the scale, try to focus on body fat percentage. How much resistance training do you currently do?

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
ashlamb
ashlamb
Canada
2008/04/18, 12:04 PM
Thanks.. certainly has been a lot of work.. but worth it now. I currently work out about 5 days a week.. and have lowered my cardio to an hour a day and now am doing about 30-40 minutes of strength training to tighten..
i know to do it properly, you must take you time, but is there anyway to rev it up a notch, to make the abs muscles show a little quicker???

============
Quoting from jbennett:

Nice job losing all the weight!

5'7" and 130lbs sounds decent. If you drop 10 more pounds you might be borderline too skinny. Instead of looking at the scale, try to focus on body fat percentage. How much resistance training do you currently do?

=============
2008/04/18, 01:04 PM
You don't mention your age. Past about 25, abs kind of become a matter of lifestyle. It takes more diet than exercise. Getting there is one thing but staying there requires that you become a diet guru as well as a regimin of eating that I found to be unbearable. If you're determined, use the fit buddy search at the bottom of this page and learn how and what to eat.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie
ashlamb
ashlamb
Canada
2008/04/24, 02:57 PM
I just turned 25
I have upp-ed my cardio to two hours a day- 5 days a week, burning about 1600-1700 cals in the two hours, plus 5 hours a week of strenght training... my centre line is really starting to get nice & cut..but there is still skin that needs to be tightend & firmed...
any suggestions???
2008/04/25, 12:25 PM
The slower you go shrinking in size, the better the chance of your skin pulling tight. I would stay on a slow and steady course. Sometimes when one has been extremely heavy at one point, surgery is the only way to tighten skin. If you never got really big, be patient, look to your diet and keep doing what you're doing. In spite of the claims of the fitness rags and TV ads, there are no magic bullets. Diet is the key. Undereating can be worse than overeating. You need to really reaearch eating and be strict in your diet.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie