Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

anyone gearing up for boot camp?

starinpink84
starinpink84
United States
2008/03/16, 02:34 PM
I was hoping to find someone who is a little too overweight to go into boot camp such as myself. I'd like to go into the coast gaurd to take myself further into me nursing carrer. If I could find a buddy in this i think it's help

--------------
it\'s been swell but the swelling\'s gone down
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/17, 08:11 AM
Hey starinpink84, I hope you find someone to buddy up with. In the meantime, start working out with the goal of being able to pass the physical fitness test for coastguard.

Here is a site that lists the requirements:

http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/pftstandards.htm

Looks like you need to start doing push-ups, sit-ups, running and swimming.

Good luck!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/22, 07:49 PM
Hey starinpink84, I won't be going through boot camp, but I have already been through boot camp. So if you have any questions fell free to write me. Make sure you start doing all the exercises ASAP, it will help you out a lot during basic training if you already have some kind endurance built up. Good luck and have fun!!:big_smile:
RSHolley
RSHolley
United States
2008/05/05, 07:09 PM
I just got out of coast guard boot camp about a month and a half ago. I was not in the best of shape, and I did have some difficulty when i got there. Like the previous poster said you need to work on being able to do the requirements to pass your tests. Everything else comes along as you do more and more incentive training and you go to your classes at the gym. Good Luck!! It's a great job.
waningmoon82
waningmoon82
United States
2008/06/22, 01:05 PM
Well I can't go with you because I have already been there and done that. But the Best advice I can give is keep exercising now. Like someone else said work on improving run times, and also work on increasing the number of sit ups and push ups you can do during the timed events. But any exercise will help to make these scores better. Do not just do those 3 things, because you will get bored! You do not have to be a fitness guru, or GI Jane when you get there...it is their job to get you to the point you need to be. If you have any questions, let me know. Good Luck.