Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Need Help with my diet

dewster
dewster
United States
2008/03/08, 10:45 PM
:( I am 41 year old male. I am 5'9' and 268lbs. I need help hammering out a diet and workout plan. I plan to hit the gym about 3 times per week. I would be greatful for some input
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/11, 08:25 AM
Hi dewster,

This site will design a workout plan - go to the top of the screen and click on Exercise Program - answer the questions about goals and equipment and it will generate a workout plan you can print out and take to the gym.

As for your diet - is your goal weight loss? Start with about 12 calories per pound of bodyweight, if that feels like way too much food, don't stress about it, just try to get food in at 3 hour intervals every day and be sure each of those mini-meals contains protein, complex carbs and a little good fat. Avoid processed foods, sugary foods and low-nutrient foods.

For some good foods choices check the nutrition forum - Grocery list for healthy eating and all the recipes posts have great iodeas in them for healthy foods. Think of this as a new lifestyle, not a diet and you will be more successful.

Good luck and let me know if you have more specific questions.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach