Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Busting my butt, but not loosing weight.

severrin
severrin
United States
2008/03/07, 09:43 PM
I'm about 90lbs over for the military. I'm on a diet and sticking to it just fine, i also walk 3-4 miles a day. the first two weeks i lost about 10lbs which is typical. My problem though is this. I weighed myself today i gained FIVE of those 10lbs back. is this to be expected? am i doing something wrong? i don't know, i'm discouraged by it honestly.:(

can anyone help me?
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/03/07, 10:23 PM
Whats your diet look like ? what are the carbs/fats/protein ratio look like ? do you drink alot of water ? If you are following a diet of lets say 2000 cals and walk 4 miles @ 2.5 mph and weight around 300 you should lose around 225-245 cals/hr, bring your caloric index into the 1750-1800 cals a day range, neaning no way in hell should you be gaining weight... take a closer look at you diet, go for a low carb-fat high protein diet with lots of water, im talking atleast a gallon/day and more, thats what im doing, i average cardio about 20-40 minutes a day 5 days a week and and 1 hour three days a weeek on my blowflex for a full body evercise program and im continously losing 4-7 pounds a week, but i weight 350....

--------------
How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget.. you dont expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes
Initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You cant expect a bit of hope
So while youre outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what youre staring at is me.
----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill

severrin
severrin
United States
2008/03/08, 02:36 AM
I weigh about 350 well 341.8-147 now. lol I'm getting about 1200+ a day. I checked out a caloric calculator on this website http://www.healthstatus.com/cbc.html For my weight just to exist I burn 4,951.5 calories a day doing nothing but being alive.

I think I'm not getting enough calories during the day. So I'm going to step the calories up just a bit.

My diet as of right now. I'm just doing slim-fast it's been pretty much as follow: I've been going about 2.5-3 hrs between meals, and it's Shake for breakfast, piece of fruit, shake for lunch, piece of fruit, chicken salad, or chicken sandwich or something small, then if i get hungry I'll have another piece of fruit.

The fruit is usually an apple, banana, or orange. I usually drink about a liter of water or so a day.

So I guess it breaks down to one of four possible conclusions right now. A). I'm not getting enough calories B). I'm eating to much fruit C). I'm not getting enough water D). I've gained a pound or two of muscle in my legs and the rest is water weight.

I know it's possible to flux 5+/-lbs of water.

I'm just slightly discouraged I was really hoping to be further along than what I am.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/08, 10:36 AM
Add some speed bursts into your wakling, that will increase your calorie expenditure and stimulate some fat loss.

Add in protein at every single meal - so breakfast, snacj, lunch, snack, dinner - every one should have some protein - don't eat carbs all by themselves.

I agree - you are not getting enough calories, adding protein will help. Also add as many fibrous veggies as you like to your meals and snacks - the fiber will fill you up and stimulate calorie burning as well as all the great nutrients in vegetables.

Fruit is good for you, but for now I would keep it to the earlier meals and go for veggies the second half of the day.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

severrin
severrin
United States
2008/03/08, 05:12 PM
Yea I went out today, and got me some of those green giant broccoli and cheese singles things. some more chicken, and I'm making some awesome chili tonight lol I got it out of the platinum diet a book by L.L Cool J. I made a lot. so it should last for atleast a week if not more. My after noon snack will either be the broccoli or a half of a turkey sandwich maybe a whole one.

After thinking about it last night, my body is probably stressed from the shock of the smaller portions and the PT I've been doing. so I'm going to relax a bit on the weekends, I might do some light PT, maybe jump on the bike and go for a ride. But I'm going to stick to my diet.

BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/03/08, 10:46 PM
1200 cals ? damn bro, you aint feeding a lizard here..... Think of your body as a big ol' coal stove, you need to stoke that puppy to get it working at its best levels....Meaning feed the fire, your body will actually burn calories digesting the food, in turn speeds up the metabolism slightly, all good things.

I go low carb because of my diabetic diet im on, i try to stick to about 1800-2000 cals with like 130-150 gr of protein and about 180-225 gr of carbs. Ive already seen my sugar levels plummet from high 300's to mid 140-160 range in just a few short weeks, and thats without a longer workout regiment....

Listen to amy, she's absolutely wonderful and a great friend, she'll help you all she can, just ask.

--------------
How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget.. you dont expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes
Initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You cant expect a bit of hope
So while youre outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what youre staring at is me.
----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill

severrin
severrin
United States
2008/03/10, 02:48 PM
Yea, I laxed on the calorie intake a bit. oh man I totally misspelled losing. XD it was the lack of calories i swear
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/11, 08:20 AM
severrin - get rid of the cheese sauce and just have steamed broccoli with a little lemon pepper or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. The chili sounds good :)

At every meal AND every snack have protein - so if you are having broccoli, have some turkey too.

Your body needs fuel to perform, don't cut back on performance - increase fule. You will lose weight. Your body is probably also in an adjustment phase - it taKES TIME FOR NEW HABITS TO BE 'TRUSTED' BY YOUR METABOLISM AS MORE THAN A FLUKE IN THE FOOD SUPPLY, ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN EATING ENOUGH AND EXERCUISING FOR A FEW MONTHS, THINGS SHOULD REALLY KICK INTO GEAR. but THAT WON'T HAPPEN IF YOU ARE STARVING YOURSELF.

OOPS sorry about the caps lock, not really yelling:surprised:

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach