Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

gaining weight and toning up

tinkableu
tinkableu
United States
2008/02/27, 10:50 AM
Ok first i will give u some info on me... i am 25 yrs old.. have had 2 kids. youngest being almost 6.. about 3 yrs ago i had emergency surgery on my abdomen. And ever since the surgery. Ive had hardly no energy and lost alot of weight.. i now weigh 92 - 96 lbs and stand 5ft tall.. i really want to tone up my belly, but gain weight at the same time.. I have been doing a ton of reading .. and found that i need to up the amount of times i eat to between 5 to 6 meals and a few other things. But can anyone give me some suggestions on good foods to eat for a low budget income? And should i do any walking? i know i need to do things like ab workouts and all of that. but am unsure of some of the details.. both my kids are in school and i have a 1 yr old great dane pup that i can walk 2 or 3 times a day if need be! so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appericated... thanks in advanced...
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/27, 01:11 PM
Sign up for a free trainer workout here. You can sign up for a home workout. Also do a fit buddy search under low cost, or low budget for your food ideas.
I'm definately noticing my grocery budget climbing as the cost of food is going up up up! $2.25 for a dozen eggs!? WHATEVER!
If it helps, my husband and I buy meat every two weeks and freeze it as we go. We'll hit the sales in the paper and go from there. In my opinion the meat is the most important part of the meal (protein) and won't skimp there such as 96% lean beef instead of 93% etc. We then pick up a bag of potatos and a bag of rice. Every few days we'll run to the store for FRESH produce to add, throw in the spices and you are set for most meals. If you eat everything fresh and not pre-packaged, it can save a bit in the long run and think of how much your body will LOVE you for it!
tinkableu
tinkableu
United States
2008/02/27, 02:28 PM
ok kool.. thanks.. my prob is the fresh stuff is more exspensive then say canned foods. with it being 4 of us. Its hard to buy the good stuff.. i would rather buy fresh stuff more than the canned processed foods... But i will see what i can do... thanks for all the help. i will go and set up a work out here and do a fit buddy search and see what i can come up with....
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/27, 03:33 PM
If you must buy canned foods, at least try to go low sodium. That's where the canned stuff REALLY kills you. It takes a while to get used to, kind of like switching to diet soda, but it's worth it.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/28, 10:24 AM
PLease read the post "overpriced nutrition" in the nutrition forum - it is all about eating healthy whole foods on a budget.