Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

The Flu (Note To Self)

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/02/24, 07:26 PM
Damn it I was making some of the best progresses ever in my life and was being told so by others and now I'm out for the count.

Note to self, Don't worry about the gym, don't worry about getting x amount of protein in and don't fret the carb cycle!

Focus on getting healthy and strong enough to get back on track!

I'd rather not get hurt or stress over total calorie intake as I can only do so much and eat what my body allows me to.

The flu sucks be it will pass and I'll get right back on track.

I need to tell myself these things to stay sane and not get myself down!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/02/24, 07:45 PM
I know how you feel. I get the same way when I'm out!
Remember, you stil;l have the ability to visualise the next work out. Take care of yourself SF and get strong again!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/02/25, 08:56 AM
I had the flu for a week and pneumonia on top of it so I couldnt' work out for almost 2 weeks. I lost close to 7 pounds since I couldnt' eat anything for like 4 days and keep it down.

Two weeks later I'm back to my starting weight. I thought I lost a lot of muscle over those two weeks but now I look and feel fine. Concentrate on getting healthy as quick as possible, your body will bounce back from the sickness.