Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Not enough calories too much fat.

rjs85
rjs85
United Kingdom
2008/02/24, 04:47 PM
Hi, im entering everything i eat into the nutrition tracker but im repeatedly finding that i'm way under my suggested calorie intake (sometimes as low as 1000kcal) but over on my fat. This isn't due to eating junk.. im not eating any, promise! For example, today I had a fruit smoothie after training (1 mango, 1 banana 1 nectarine & handful of mixed berries), a salad for lunch (avacado, lettuce, tomatoes, a pepper & 2tbs of pine nuts) and poached cod, spinach, and tomatoes for dinner. Im eating more now than I did when I ate rubbish and I feel perfectly full and satisfied (but not too stuffed) and yet my calories were just under 1000!! I know the fat was high today because of the nuts and avocado but they are good fats and not rubbish right?. Is this ok or do I need more calories? If so how can I do this whilst keeping my fat down? Im just a little concerned that my body will go into starvation mode if im not getting enough calories in, despite the fact im eating loads of low cal healthy food and not getting hungry. Advice please? :(
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/02/24, 07:47 PM
Don't see much protein in today's meals. Is that an example of everyday? If so, there is a big part of the lack of calories.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/02/25, 08:54 AM
Where is your breakfast? Eat something, drink some milk, eat a few eggs, some oatmeal....etc.