Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

leg shape.

josiedix82
josiedix82
United Kingdom
2008/02/20, 07:46 AM
Hi, I used to play a lot of hockey (do you call it field hockey in the states?) and it reeeeally beefs up your legs. I had to eat a lot of carbs and as a result my legs became bigger, especially around my knees. This wasn't a problem until I had my son who is 4 now. I don't play hockey anymore and now my legs are huge and have very little shape to them especially around the knee area. I don't have much time for exercise and can't afford to go to the gym. I used to love my legs but now I hate them! I want to able to wear skirts and shorts but I don't have the confidence anymore. Can anyone help me please?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/20, 09:06 AM
"I don't have much time for exercise and can't afford to go to the gym."

Start making time. Lunges, squats, deadlifts - you can do them all without equipment - just hold soup cans or a phone book - something heavy enough to make them challenging (your son?).

Take your son out for walks/hikes/playing at the park - anything do you are burning more calories on a daily basis.

You won't see a lot of change unless your eating plan is in line as well, read up on info in the nutrition forum and ask specific questions if you need help designing an eating plan to get leaner.

--------------
Argue your limitations and they are yours.

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/20, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry, but saying that you dont have much time or don't have money to workout, is an excuse. There are people here who work two jobs, go to school, have kids and STILL manage to get in a workout.
So to expand on Amy's "make time" suggestion, here's my little time management lesson that I give to people at work. It helped me when I was trying to schedule exercise and other things into my busy day while not compromising family/kid time. Start by writing down your daily schedule from the minute you get up, until the minute you go to bed. How much time you are spending doing each task, and how you can cut some of that time. Can you sneak in some extra time before your son gets up in the morning to exercise by getting up earlier? Can you follow an exercise video while the dinner caserole is in the oven? If you truly write down your schedule, and are honest with yourself, I assure you there is time to spare, and if not, there are things you can do to alter your schedule. I used to take a nightly 30 minute soak bath. It was 30 minutes all to myself before bed where I could relax. Well, I found it just as relaxing "me time" to do 30 minutes of yoga before bed, so I switched and am getting in a little exercise in the process. I quit blow drying my hair in the morning. I now put it in those velcrow roller things damp (towel dried) and let it air-dry as I go about my exercise and morning breakfast routine. Once it's dry, I take out the rollers, no need for a curling iron, russle up my hair and I'm good to go. It's healthier for the hair not to use heat tools anyway. That little change saves me 20 minutes in the am. Not a big deal, but when you save up 20 minutes here and there, it does amount to something. So, I'm babbling, but you get my drift (I hope!).
Good luck.