Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I like it all except for my tummy

alleysha
alleysha
Canada
2008/02/17, 09:16 PM
Hey!!!
I have a question...I'm so scared to workout because I am afraid that I will lose my butt and my boobs, which I really like!
I have a 3 year old and would really like to ton up my stomach and get rid of my love handles. One of my friends said that its hard to "spot treat" an area. I would actually like to ton my butt a bit, but not lose the size
Thanks!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/18, 01:12 PM
You can not spot reduce. Do a fit buddy search on this. Stomach is reduced by healthy diet. There are also several posts about having/getting/keeping a big-bum although I still don't understand the logic behind this one. To each their own.
KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/01, 10:49 PM
I was kind of scared to start working out for the exact same reason. But I have been in the military for over 2 years now and have been working out a lot(mostly by choice). I found that if you want to keep your butt and boobs just simply do your cardio at least 3 times a week and when you go to your weight training instead of avoiding those areas work on them too. What this did for me was I made my butt rounder not smaller and my boobs stayed pretty much the same I don't do heavy chest lifting though I usually stay at about 40lbs. But everyones body is different so my best suggestion would be while starting out experiment and see what works best for you!:)