Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Abs and Hips

gmoney8316
gmoney8316
United States
2008/02/07, 11:55 PM
I'm 6ft 1 and about 215 pounds. I really just have the problem area around my mid section. I am happy with everything else but the mid section and especailly my hips are the problem. I do the oliptical runner 5 days a week for about 30 mins and I do weight training. Can someone please help me on how to get rid of these hips? They have bugged me my entire life. I have seen a diference in my abs as of recently but I will take any advice.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/08, 08:52 AM
If you are seeing a difference in your abs than what you are doing is working, keep it up.

Look up HIIT and do it as cardio every other cardio session.

Are your hips fat or do you just have big glutes?

Keep fine tuning your diet, cut out sugar and junk foods. eat lean proteins, veggies, whole grains and good fats. The fat should keep coming of.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/16, 05:19 PM
Have you tried the hip abductor machines they have worked really well with me. I use the hip abductor machines 3x a week along with my normal workout and I have seen a wonderful difference. Everyone is different so give it a try and see what you think.
KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/16, 05:22 PM
also when doing cardio try the treadmill instead of the oliptical or running outside.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/03/16, 10:53 PM

Why?

============
Quoting from KeciaS87:

also when doing cardio try the treadmill instead of the oliptical or running outside.
=============

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/17, 11:11 AM
ALWAYS a good question. Especially in this context.

============
Quoting from TimDay:

Why?
=============

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/03/17, 11:23 AM
Well, I feel no type of cardio is better than any other type of cardio, assuming they are all safe. Sometimes it's matter of preferance or what your body can stand. I love to run, but my knees don't, so if I wanna get some high speed cardio in, I go for a bike or the eliptical.

It's up to an individual which works better for them.

--------------

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/17, 02:42 PM
Truth. The heart doesn't know the difference between 130bpm on an elyptical and 130bpm on a treadmill.

I'm REALLY curious as to why the treadmill would be better than an elliptical or, gawd forbid, going outside and running.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/03/17, 02:52 PM
I always thought that running outside would be better because of the variety of landscapes. You can adjust the incline on treadmills, but it's really not the same. Plus, treadmills are so much more boring because of the limited scenery.

It's also good to alternate machines because they do work different parts of your body differently. It wouldn't make sense to only do one machine unless you have a medical reason.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/17, 03:10 PM
There have been a lot of articles in mainstream fitness mags lately about the superiority of the treadmill as far as calorie burn, that may be why she recommends it...but if you hate the treadmill and get shin splints running you probably aren't going to stick with it and get fit....do what is comfortable and doable and fits in your plan.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

momwithattitude
momwithattitude
United States
2008/03/17, 04:52 PM

I try to mix it up so that I don't get bored with one cardio routine and my body doesn't get too used to one either but find that the eliptical puts less stress on my shins and knees.
============
Quoting from asimmer:

There have been a lot of articles in mainstream fitness mags lately about the superiority of the treadmill as far as calorie burn, that may be why she recommends it...but if you hate the treadmill and get shin splints running you probably aren't going to stick with it and get fit....do what is comfortable and doable and fits in your plan.

=============
KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/22, 07:25 PM
I just want to clarify I wasn't trying to say there is anything wrong with the eliptical I was just suggesting running because that is what worked for me. I switch up my cardio a lot but when I can I run outside. Also I worded my message wrong I was trying to say try running outside or the treadmill instead of the eliptical. The eliptical gets good cardio in but I found I didn't really start losing weight until I ran so I know everyone's body works different and just thought I would suggest what worked best for me.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/03/23, 12:12 AM
That's cool.

t

--------------