Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Workout schedule

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/31, 05:38 PM
Yucky...knee injuries suck, that is what took me out of running, which I loved.

I know you hate cardio machines, but if you get yourself a good MP3 player, hit the stationary bicycle for some cardio training. It is easy on the knees and if you liked running before, you know that you get into a zone when you do it. Well cycling has that same effect. If you end up liking it, carry it out to a roadbike and find some local trails, it is a fantastic feeling.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/31, 01:41 PM
Hi. I've had to totally revamp my workout schedule due to an injury (Dr. orders), schedules, new gym classes, etc. Let me know if this looks like it could be effective. I'm open to suggestions. I'm not supposed to lift or do cardio more than 3 times a week UNLESS it's in the water. I really hate machine cardio, and jogging is painful, so I stick with the aerobics and kickboxing. Keep in mind, I don't count the Yoga as exercise (I know it is, but it doesn't count). It's how I meditate and relax, so it maybe shouldn't even be on here. Oh, my 3 days of weights are following my FT workout I was given with a few leg modifications. Let me know how this looks? I've been racking my brian on this since I had such a good routine down before. :(

Monday:
Lunch 45 min slow-moderate walk with work walking club
5:00 - 5:45 Water Aerobics Class (pretty mild class)
Weights after water aerobics
Yoga before bed (25 mins)

Tuesday
AM 45 mins aerobics at home before work

Wednesday
45 min moderate-slow walk with work walking club
5:00 - 5:45 Water Aerobics Class (pretty mild class)
Weights after water aerobics

Thursday
AM Kickboxing & Aerobics (45 mins) before work

Friday
AM High Int. circuit Aerobics w/ step (45 mins) before work
Lunch - 45 min moderate-slow walk with work walking club

Saturday
8:00 - 8:45 am Water Aerobics Class (mild class)
Weights

Sunday
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/31, 02:17 PM
what weight exercises are you doing on weight day's?

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/31, 04:24 PM
I'm signed up for the intermediate weight routine here on free trainers, and have it set up for 3 times a week, so it's pretty extensive (a lot of body parts squished into 3 days). So, I do what it has spelled out, except for a few modifications on the leg exercises due to my knee. Let me know if you need more specifics.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/01, 01:16 PM
Thanks Bettia. That's a great suggestion.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/02/04, 05:33 PM
Anytime, also if you belong to a gym, check out some of the spin classes they have to offer. They give a killer cardio workout.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman