Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need help!

olequilter
olequilter
United States
2008/01/31, 10:16 AM
I can not do floor push-up because I have osteoarthritis in my thumbs. I'm strong enough to do them but my orthopedist says that I could break my hands. I can however do push-ups against the wall. Are wall push-ups as effective as floor?
2008/01/31, 10:20 AM
They will not be as effective. Is it your hand or your thumb? If it is your thumb can you do them on your knuckles and take your thumb out of the movement? Good Luck

--------------
www.sherdog.com - forums
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/31, 01:18 PM
Ouch on the knuckles thing. I was in tae kwan do for a few years and they made us do knuckle push ups, they sucked so bad. Effective though!
Just a thought, I'm not a good push up person, but what about those things you can buy, they are like handles that you put on the floor, so your hand would be in a fist type position, but the pressure would be into the palm of your hand rather than on your fingers or thumbs? Not sure if this would work or not, jsut a thought.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/01, 09:37 AM
can you hold dumbells while you do the push-ups?

I progres cleints from wall psuh-ups to floor push-ups when they aren't strong enough to do floor push-ups. If you position your toes away from the wall and plank you rbody and only balance on your toes, you can get a pretty good push-up in on the wall.

What about the handles made specifically for push-ups?