Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

motivation to train

susana_reina
susana_reina
Ireland
2008/01/27, 09:18 AM
hi,I'm 35 and 64 kg, being 5.4 i think it's a bit too much. i,ve heard that Mediterranean diet is great, lots of fruit and veg, lean meat, fish and nuts. olive oil instead of other fats for cooking and lots of water.
i'm already on it and not losing any weight, i guess ny problem is no water -don't know why but i can't push myself to drink it. and i'm also missing the exercise, too many hours sitting in the office... :)
any advise to help motivation:)?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/31, 08:53 AM
Sounds kind of like you answered your own question...sitting around and not burning more calories than you eat leads to maintainence, not weight loss no matter how good your eating plan is.

Write out all your reasons that yuou want to lose weight and what you are realistically willing to do to reach your goals. start with small goals - like walking for 10 minutes a day and build up to bigger goals - like lifting weights 3 times a week. As you get healthier and fitter, motivation will be easier and goals will get bigger, but for now start small and be sure to recognize every small achievement - just don't use food as a reward ;)

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle