Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

should women drink protein shakes ??

momdukes
momdukes
United States
2008/01/04, 01:21 AM
Hi All! I am new to this and I am just courious to if woman should drink protein drinks of any kind??What if they are trying to lose weight??I have always been under the impresion that they made you retain fat! and only men trying to bulk up drink them..But now people have told me that is what I need if I want to tone my mid section???Have been looking at protein drinks all wrong??Should I drink them??I am woman weighing 153 trying to be 130..HELP
I'm confused:surprised:
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2008/01/04, 09:16 AM
Protein suppliments (aka protein shakes)are for women too. It's all about reaching your daily protien requirements, and sometimes it helps to suppliment with a shake to bring up your protein alotment for the day. It will NOT make you retain fat! it is always best to get your protein from natural lean sources (eggs, chicken, fish, lean beef, nuts etc)and then suppliment as needed. A great time to use a protien shake is after a good workout or as between mid meal snack. You can also encorporate protein powder into many recipes. I like to mix it with oatmeal or make my own homemade protein bars with an egg and mixed nuts.

So enjoy...protein suppliments aren't just for men...and neither is lifting big honkin' weights...the only inevitable outcome is a hot lean body:big_smile::dumbbell::dumbbell:

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce