Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

weight loss and chest area

tlock
tlock
United States
2007/11/15, 08:03 PM
hi, I'm having a problem and need help. I know this has been mentioned before but my situation is a bit different. I'm 20 and for the past 4 years or so I've lost a significant amount of weight (maybe 45 pounds or more). I naturally have a slender frame but I'm not necessarily petite. Anyway I used to be a C bra size when I was overweight, now I am a B. The problem is the surface part of my breasts have lost so much tissue that they look deflated. I have some stretch marks too.

I've tried bench press lifts and flys, which has lifted them but they are still not full/firm enough. I've been working on my arms and they have gained some muscle, but I can't seem to gain muscle in the chest. I don't want to gain weight though. I think gaining weight would not help anyway. Is there any way I can "beef" up my chest area by doing some other kinds of exercises? Or maybe a certain diet?
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/11/19, 09:20 AM
Breast are fat... adding muscle will not change anything out side of "lifting" them
texan_sunrise
texan_sunrise
United States
2007/12/03, 08:44 AM
She's right. Some women just store more fat in that area than others. Exercising will lift them up some, but not firm them up. I suppose if you lose enough fat, then they would firm up because there would just be mammory glands, but that's just me thinking aloud.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/12/03, 07:46 PM
Yep, breast tissue unfortunately is fatty tissue. This is why when you gain weight, the 'boob' fairy comes, the downside is when you lose fat, the body does not care where it comes from and the breasts unfortunately is an obvious 'choice'. My wife has gone through the same thing, lost to bodybuilding show status, regained some, and each time she diets again, like magic (not good magic for me :) ), deflation.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer