Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

THROW OUT THE SCALE!

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/14, 10:07 AM
If there is one thing I have learned here at FT from the great support is THROW OUT THE SCALE! From Charlie to Amy to others, they continually would remind us that the scale is just a tool and though I tried, I had this addiction to it and even though I would go weeks sometimes without stepping on it, eventually I would return. But, I am proud to say that I have only stepped on the scale to monitor my progress very few times the past six months and during this time, I feel better than I ever had physically and mentally --not because the scale has the ability to render me less/more physically or mentally, but the highs and lows had the ability to one day excite and the next depress me! Sound familiar? I instead have been more excited about fitting into a smaller size pant or shirt, seeing things grow baggy around me, THAT is a much better indication for me and doesn't fluctuate daily! Get to know your body, I can FEEL when I need to kick it into higher gear now, and I definately KNOW when I have eaten too much and rather than step on the scale, I go work out and monitor my food intake on paper again until I even myself back out. So, thanks guys, just like any addiction, it wasn't easy to get through, but it has been a much better lifestyle not being chained to the scale, lol!! :big_smile::big_smile:

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill