Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

What is a clean diet ?

egregora
egregora
Australia
2007/11/03, 12:51 AM
Hi

I just joined yesterday and I'm having a look around. I have noticed this term used and I was wondering what it means?

I'm a pretty "clean" living kind of girl anyway!
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/11/03, 11:04 AM
In a nutshell the Clean Diet means: paying attention to what you're eating. Heres a good link to read up on it, it would take to long to type it all out...

http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Clean-Diet-For-Permanent-Weight-Loss&id=5630

--------------
I was bruised and battered and I couldnt tell
what I felt
I was unrecognizable to myself
Saw my reflection in a window I didnt know
my own face ...

Get busy living or get busy dying.

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/11/04, 11:56 AM
'Clean' is a relative term in food/diet. Clean should in fact refer to the word "healthy" more than anything. Most think that you have to eat clean to lose weight. In fact this is not true, it all comes down to calories. What this means is you do not have to give up all 'fun' food, which can make life dull and boring and diets hard to do without feeling deprived.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

egregora
egregora
Australia
2007/11/05, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I am a Weight Watchers lifetime member and I've been at goal for 5 years now so I know a bit about a healthy diet. Just looking to tone up and get in shape. And put the healthy eating principles to use more often!

BB1fit - I agree with having treats occasionally. Life should be lived!

fancyfaces1
fancyfaces1
United States
2008/01/17, 09:14 PM

The clean eating diet is supposed to be a way of eating-not a diet per see, and the term clean eating/diet is popping up a bunch lately. I learned about what it means and how to apply it to my eating and how I am teaching my kids/fam about what I never learned about it growing up. I ordered the "The Eat Clean Diet" and "The Eat Clean Cookbook" by TUSCA RENO from amazon.com for half what it cost at the bookstore(which stays pretty much sold out lately). She by no means invented the concept, but basically put it into a format that the average person without a nutritionist degree can grasp & apply. I basically strive to buy NOTHING out of a box and attempt to shop the outer edges of the grocery store for lean protein meats, fruits/veggies and lowfat dairy and upped my calories & proteins by way more than I ever thought I needed. I was unknowingly starving my metabolism and NEVER burning the fat I just kept adding. I believe TUSCA RENO has a website that promotes it, just google her, she's like the premier woman over 40yrs on fitness mag cover after cover. She looks awesome comparing her befores to now....I know several women that swear it changed their lives.We'll seeee :)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/01/17, 11:30 PM
Yeah, you must wash all your food before eating it.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2008/01/22, 10:45 AM
I have considered clean to be eating non processed foods...

and um ...yeah...washing it:big_smile: