Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Favorite Songs

2007/10/20, 09:20 PM
Hi all. I'm always looking/listening for new songs that strike a deep @$$ kicking chord in me when I hear it to add to my gym mixes. I've looked for suggestions in previous threads, but I'm not a heavy metal, thrasher fan and a lot of the guys are. I thought I'd ask the ladies for suggestions. Here's what I'm looking for: your number one favorite song (post the title and artist)! This is the song that, when you're feeling flat or are about to face a set of your least favorite exercise, you find yourself jumping through your playlist b/c you need that song to pump you up.

For example: I like "Gold Digger" by Kayne West, "Sweet Escape" by Gwen Steffani. Totally different sounds, but something about them gets my adrenaline rushing.
jessegaw
jessegaw
Canada
2007/10/21, 10:42 PM
I have a few favourites that get me pumped:
sexyback- Justin T
crazy in love- beyonce
guerrila radio or justify -rage against the machine
girlfriend- avril lavigne

sorry I couldn't pick just one!
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/22, 07:28 AM
If you don't like heavy metal, have you tried power metal like Nightwish or Epica? I'm waiting for the mp3-player I ordered to arrive so I can fill it with metal-pumping metal. I also like a lot of the songs from the 80's, but that is probalby just because I grew up with it on the radio.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/10/22, 11:12 AM
I am not a big fan of Timberlake unless I am working out...Then his music seems to fit. Nickleback is my alltime favorite for working out! I have my mp3 LOADED with their stuff and its great!

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
2007/10/22, 02:15 PM
I've never heard of power metal, but I'm open to learning more about it. So Reptile and Georgiagirl, do you have a number one @$$ kicking song that MUST be in your playlist? I hate trying to sift through several albums worth of songs trying to find the ones that'll work in the gym.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/22, 04:58 PM
Well... I'm not a one song girl, but I'll go through some songs and let you know.

--------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/10/22, 09:08 PM
nickleback "rockstar"
I have a TON of nickleback stuff if you want me to send you some just shoot me an email.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/10/22, 09:34 PM
I need a credit card that's got no limit
And a big black jet with a bedroom in it
Gonna join the mile high club
At thirty-seven thousand feet

--------------
I was bruised and battered and I couldnt tell
what I felt
I was unrecognizable to myself
Saw my reflection in a window I didnt know
my own face ...

Get busy living or get busy dying.

2007/10/22, 09:35 PM
Memories - Striesand

--------------
Stuck on dry land at the moment

Charlie
jessegaw
jessegaw
Canada
2007/10/31, 10:56 PM
I just came across two CBC Radio 3 podcasts on http://radio3.cbc.ca/ called "Sweating to the Indies".

They is some great music (I think anyway) and there's motivational tidbits in between songs!
jessi111291
jessi111291
United States
2008/03/06, 04:52 PM
My # 1 @$$ kickin song to work out to is pump it up from the You Got Served soundtrack im not sure who its by..i think its b2k but im not sure but this song always gets me pumped up!!
KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/22, 07:58 PM
I have a couple songs that really get me going at the gym:
touch the sky- kanye west ft lupe fiasco
hold you down-mya ft. lil wayne
breaking dishes- rihanna
get me bodied- beyonce
girlfriend remix- avril lavigne ft lil mama

I can never just pick one song when it comes to music, these are just a few of my favorite workout songs. Hope you find the songs you're looking for!
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2008/03/23, 09:37 PM
Oh I have a list - ck them out - you'll see they pump U up!
(go to i tunes or cd now to listen)acutually they put me in da mood to dance too
Turn up the Radio by Autograph
New Sensation by INXS
Drivers Seat by Sniff N the Tears
Animal by Def Leppard
Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
Facinated by Company B
Shake that A for me - Eminem
Voices by Russ Ballard - oh yeah!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/03/24, 08:36 AM
Anyone ever listen to A3? I have recently become accquainted with them through a friend of mine. Upon first hearing them, I thought, I don't know, but they do some pretty good stuff. They have a web site if anyone is interested. Sound like a Southern band, but actually are from England.

Of course on my I phone I have everything from Jimi Hendrix, Loverboy, to Tommy James(just 2 from them :))

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/25, 08:23 AM
Best get you off your butt again at the almost end of your workout - Bodies by...Vrenna...

1! Nothing wrong with me.....

I like a lot of different stuff. One thing I have found is that if you find soundtracks they often have a good mix - Blade soundtrack, Tomb Raider soundtrack..Office Space soundtrack (lol)...

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach