Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

fun with fitness

tucker_rm
tucker_rm
United States
2007/09/25, 11:27 PM
Hello everyone! I am 18 and have been what I consider fat, though people insist on aruging, for most of my life. I love to exercise, but my problem is that I need to find something that is fun for me to do. I used to love biking and roller blading, but now biking around town has become boring and it's impossible for me to roller blade due to extra bones and other problems in my feet that cause extreme pain. I live in Wisconsin, so much of the winter I am shut up inside. I am looking for a sport that will be fun and that I will enjoy doing all year round. I hope to pick up biking again, but I might be starting a little late considering winter is just around the corner. Any fun ideas to keep a shut-in winter hermit on her feet in the cold winter months?
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/26, 03:26 AM
I've found that I really like working out with weights and mashines in the gym. It can be done all year round, and there is great sattisfaction in doing that last rep with that little bit of extra weight you didn't think would be possible. It's also great to see how the muscles start to sculpt the arms and legs.
Isn't there a lot of snow in Wisconsin during the winter? Maybe you could take up skiing? I don't mean down hill slalom, but the "out for the day with a backpack"-kind.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------
tucker_rm
tucker_rm
United States
2007/09/26, 04:12 PM
eh my high school and the school i'm currently enrolled in have weight rooms to use, but I think weight lifting is so boring. I love to downhill ski, but the nearest ski resort is an hour away which isn't bad nessicarily, but i'm a broke college student. :( same w/ cross country skiing I would have to buy the skis. I would love to get a seasonal pass to Norway Mountain though!
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/09/26, 04:50 PM
I'm from Wisconsin too, and during the winter I usually go swimming at my gym. You could also go outside and shovel snow. :big_smile: And, if you're super desperate, bundle up and go out for a run/walk. There are so many things you can do.